Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Meatless Wednesday - Good Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup

I have doing battle with my stomach the last couple of weeks so I really wasn't sure that I would have a post today as most of my best meatless ideas contain things that aren't always the best for my troubled stomach. Then inspiration hit how about a nice big bowl of good old fashioned vegetable soup that sounded perfectly what the Doctor ordered!

So let's start with our stock first, I used the stock recipe I previously posted except this time I added one parsnip to change it up a bit. Drain your stock and reserve the liquid into a large pot.

Good Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:

Previously made vegetable stock
2 cups of water
1 Tbs Epicure Pot Herbs (Again feel free to enter my consultant Deanna Osterbeck when ordering)
2 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 a small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup organic frozen green beans
1/2 cup organic frozen sweet corn
1/2 cup organic frozen peas
1 cup Tinkyada Pasta Joy Little Dreams rice pasta shapes

Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients together including reserved stock and bring to a boil.
  2. Turn down to a medium heat and a low simmer for 20 -30 mins or until vegetables are tender.
  3. Serve with your favorite crackers or other yummy dipping treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment