Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sorry I have been MIA



We have been very busy the last few days on Sunday evening we adopted a Husky/malamute cross who is 7 months old and already 70lbs. He is so cute and just a big bundle of love! We got him from a family who were out on a farm so city life is very new to him and all that goes with it. He has never been on a leash so last night we tried putting one on him so that we could take him for a walk, well that didn't happen all did was cower to the floor and wouldn't get up not even for treats. Needless to say we have some work in store for us getting him leash trained and city trained but he really is a super sweet dog so it will be worth it.

As for my baking well it has been limited lately I have been trying very hard to find a good chocolate chip cookie recipe that my Son and Husband but after yesterdays attempt I am giving up. I tried the chocolate chip recipe from the Cooking for Isaiah cookbook and I thought it was great but they once again did not. I just can not find one the come out the same as wheat chocolate chip cookies so they are going to have to learn to go with out. I have tried making many other recipes including this one from Living Without magazine but they won't eat any of them!

Cookies

MAKES 4 DOZEN COOKIES

Our Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

A reader favorite, this recipe is back by popular demand.

1¾ cups quinoa flakes or certified gluten-free oatmeal
1¾ cups gluten-free All-Purpose Flour Blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) gluten-free, dairy-free margarine or shortening or organic coconut oil
1 cup dark brown sugar or organic Sucanat, firmly packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (10-ounce) package gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips* (about 2 cups)
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper.

2. Finely grind quinoa flakes or oatmeal in a food processor. Add flour mix, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt and blend for 5 seconds.

3. Beat margarine and both sugars in large bowl until well blended.

4. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.

5. For each cookie, form one rounded tablespoon into a ball and place on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly.

6. Bake in prepared oven until edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets. Transfer to a rack and cool completely.

Each cookie contains 113 calories, 5g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 9mg cholesterol, 17g carbohydrate, 55mg sodium, 1g fiber, 1g protein.

*TIP Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips are free of gluten, dairy, soy, nuts and peanuts. Visit enjoylifefoods.com.


I didn't mind this one but found it to turn out a little dry so if I make it again I will add a couple of tbs of applesauce to make it a little more moist. Tonight I am making one the recipe from the Eat Clean cookbook I have but I am going to make it gluten free so if it works out well I will post it for you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment