Thursday, January 27, 2011

This and That



It has been a busy week despite being ill and kids being out due to being ill, I keep telling myself that next week it will slow down but it never does I can hope I guess. I must say I am really looking forward to Spring making it's appearance these longer days are nice but I am looking forward to being able to play in the yard or take the wagon to the park for some playtime. It has been an ok winter but being stuck in the house with multiple kids is wearing and I can only come up with so many fun ideas. I got a call Tuesday asking if I would be available to come in on Wednesday to see the Sports Dr who does my cortisone injection for my hip bursitis, I was really hoping to not need that injection and to have sorted out this issue on my own with Yoga but that didn't happen for many reasons. Anyways I scrambled around got my medication for the injection and my husband took a couple of hours off work so that I could go and get this done, it went well last night was painful as expected but with a little help from a couple of T3's I was able to get in about 6 hrs sleep and today I am ok today more stiff than anything. So now I just have to be careful what I do until the snow melts and the ice is gone so I don't slip again. We also found out this week that my husband has about 7 days of holidays left that he didn't use and if he doesn't use them by the end of February he will lose them so he is going to book Fridays off until the end of February and I will be able to go to Physio therapy for a little while and hopefully that will help my hip recover and I will not need further injections. It is only a few days until our baptism we are finishing up some last minute preparations for it today and then should be ready for the big event on Saturday. We are also heading out to our friends farm early in the day on Saturday to help them celebrate their little girls first Birthday, I will be baking her a cake tomorrow afternoon which is sugar free mostly I am still working on an idea for icing. Speaking of baking haven't been doing to much lately just too busy with everything else to take the time. I have been finding the housework lately to be a little overwhelming and taking a lot of time which I don't really enjoy so I need to get on top of that and slow some other things down. I am almost ready to start crafting headbands and post them up on my Etsy store which is exciting just waiting for the last few pieces to show up. Finances this month need a little bit of work to dig out of the overdraft but I am confident that will happen in time. We also need to work on getting our trailer sold I would like to see that happen before April but who knows? I do have a gluten free chocolate cake recipe to share with you all it is very good especially because I used Bernard Callebaut Cocoa Powder to make it, Yum Yum!

Chocolate Cake

5 oz butter

6 oz dark brown sugar ( I used the organic Sucanat instead)

2 oz cocoa powder

3 ½ fl oz boiling water

3 medium eggs

5 oz brown rice flour

2 hpd tsp wheat and gluten free baking powder

Pre heat oven to 350˚ F

With an electric mixer beat the butter with the sugar until they are light and fluffy. Meanwhile, mix the cocoa powder with boiling water until you have smooth paste. Beat the cocoa into the mixture, then slowly beat in the 3 eggs, each accompanied by a spoonful of flour. Fold in the rest of the flour with the baking powder.

Pour the mixture into a well greased 6 or 8 inch round cake tin with a removable bottom and bake for 30 mins or until it is firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean from the middle. Cool Slightly, then turn onto a rake to get cold before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment