Monday, January 17, 2011

Gluten Free Baking the Experiment

So one the changes I was forced to make was going Gluten Free as a result of my health troubles in October of last year. So I have been experimenting with different recipes but today I took the next step and took one of my old recipes and made it Gluten free and it worked! I was pleasantly surprised!!!

I thought maybe I would share this one with you:

Carrot Muffins

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup apple sauce
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups Gluten Free flour mix
2 tbs Guar Gum
2 eggs

Combine all ingredients in a bowl blend until completely mixed. Bake at 325 for 25-27 mins.

I am really enjoying trying out all these recipes and I am finding some I really like. Saturday night I tried one from a fellow blogger, Gluten free Cinnamon Buns they also worked out really well too and I was even in a rush when I made them. Well I hope you enjoy one or both of these recipes and please if you have any to share let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment